The Student Health Center (SHC) is part of the Student Services Division and is staffed by licensed nurses 24 hours a day while school is in session and for special weekend events. The goal of the SHC is to provide the following services to LSDVI students.
- To provide a healthy and safe school environment that facilitates learning.
- To competently carry out therapeutic measures as ordered by licensed health providers including SHC standing orders.
- To treat minor illnesses in compliance with the SHC policies/procedures within the scope of the practice of nursing.
- To make appropriate medical referrals as necessary.
- To provide a system for managing crisis medical situations and emergencies.
- To provide mandated screenings.
- To provide comprehensive and appropriate health education.
- To develop and maintain Health Care Plans for students based on their individual needs.
- To function as a liaison between our students, families, staff, and administrators.
Tricia Esneault, RN